At QSR we don't automatically collect the personal information of website visitors. The only way we access your personal details is if you provide them to us directly.
What information does QSR International does collect and how is it used?
We may ask for information that identifies you and allows us to provide what you have requested. We may ask for this information, for example, when you:
- Download trial software
- Make a purchase
- Activate QSR software
- Register for QSR training, events or exclusive content
- Subscribe to email communications
Depending on the type of request or transaction, you may be asked to provide further information.
We will use your personal information to provide the service(s), information or products you have requested or to carry out the transaction(s) you have authorized. Where necessary we disclose this information to authorized QSR partners to undertake this activity on our behalf. Your personal information may also be used for research and development purposes.
In some circumstances, we may also collect other information that allows us to improve our software or services to better meet your needs:
- When you visit our website, we collect information such as the type of web browser and operating system you are using, the address of any referring website or search engine, or your computer’s IP (Internet Protocol) address. This information is provided by your web browser and is stored for statistical purposes. We use it for website traffic analysis and system administration purposes only. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities.
- Some QSR software products give you the option to participate in a “customer experience improvement program” or report software errors to QSR. You may opt in or out of these capabilities. Refer to your software’s Help documentation for further details. Where you opt in, QSR may collect information such as how frequently particular software features are used, or details of software errors that occur. This information will not include any personal details about you or any details of the data you are working with, and will be used for the sole purpose of improving our software products.
- From time to time we may conduct surveys and beta testing programs to better understand your needs and your opinions about our software and services.
- When you request support from QSR, we may ask you to send us copies of certain documents or projects in order to diagnose your problem. If you choose to do so, these documents and projects will be securely kept at QSR premises, we will take reasonable steps to destroy them when the problem is resolved, and the information contained in them will not be disclosed to third parties.
QSR International is committed to the responsible use of your personal details, and complies with the Australian Federal Privacy Act 1988.
Information not collected by QSR International
QSR does not collect any details of the data you are working with when you use our software products. This data is stored only in the projects or files that you direct the software to save the data to.
NCapture stores the data you capture only in the files you create.
When using NCapture to capture data from social media sites, you may be asked by the site whether you wish to grant NCapture permission to collect particular kinds of data. Choosing to grant these permissions to NCapture:
- Does not allow NCapture to capture any data that you, as a user of that social media site, do not yourself have access to
- Does not cause NCapture to send any captured data to QSR
When you import data captured using NCapture into NVivo, you have the option to exclude some unwanted information (such as individuals’ age, gender or religion). Refer to the Help documentation in NCapture and NVivo for further details.
With whom may QSR International share the information it collects?
We may share your personal information with an authorized QSR partner, who is in your geographic region or speaks your language, to ensure that you have the best resources and information available to service your needs. Occasionally, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information to a third party for the purpose of facilitating the distribution of customer satisfaction surveys to you. Where this is the case, we will only do so after first obtaining your permission.
How does QSR International protect customer information?
We protect your personal information by using SSL encryption to collect your details and process online payment transactions. Online orders are transacted via a secure server and all the information is encrypted before it is passed on to QSR.
How can I unsubscribe, or check or amend my personal information?
Please contact us outlining the detail of your request.
Please note that you'll need to provide a form of identification before accessing your personal details.